December 22, 2011

Time to decorate at last!

I have been in Germany now for a week, armed with some left over felt, ribbon and beads...this is what I came up with:

This little snowball is made with coloured embroidery thread, felt, ribbon, sequins and some pinking shears.  I considered decorating the tree, but it didn't look as good as I wanted it to!















The heart was made with felt, ribbon, embroidery thread and beads. I had some cool snowflake sequins which formed the basis of this.  The edge was sewn using a whipped back stitch, so it followed the more Norweigen style.




So for the final tree, we got some wooden stars, fabric snowflakes and lights.  There are some more ornaments to come, and an angel I knocked up quickly which I haven't photographed yet!

Merry Christmas everyone!

R xxx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rosie, I am so so so glad you stopped by and linked up your beautiful ornaments at Overflowing with Creativity! I LOVE your beautiful tree! Are you just visiting Germany!?!? My motherinlaw moved to the states from Germany when she was 18 and we keep in touch with family from there often! I went there a little while back and LOVED it!!! I'm your newest follower and am so excited to be bloggy friends with you!!! XO!