November 19, 2011

Pillow Progress - Personalising Christmas

I made these for my brother and his girlfriend who have just moved in together.  I followed the tutorial at CherryMenLove and was inspired by the typography amazingness going on at That's My Letter.  There were a lot of 'firsts' involved in the making of the pillows: my first time sewing independently on a machine, my first time with bondaweb and defintiely my first time designing something for someone else's taste.



Sorry there aren't pictures of the process, but I was concentrating!
1. I found a font on Microsoft Word I liked and made it an appropriate size. Having printed them off I used them as a template to cut out the same shape on bondaweb. I drew the outline of a camera and repeated the process.
2. I then ironed the shapes onto the red fabric, cut them out again and ironed them onto the centre of a square of fabric (for dimensions see the pillow tutorial). I then stiched around the shapes to secure. This was the longest part of the task.
3. I added embellisments in the forms of buttons, a felt flowers and ribbon to customise the pillows for my brother (a keen photographer) and his gorgeous girlfriend ( who likes a quirky/girly feel).
4. I then followed the cushion tutorial, making many mistakes along the way due to my illogical way of understanding instructions.  The tutorial is VERY clear. I have NO common sense.


 

As I was taking pictures, I remained amazed that I had managed to do it! I firmly believe, therefore, that anyone can...

So let me know if you do. And let me know what you think. 


R xxxx

P.S. Don't forget to check out my new Monday link up. All Christmas ideas, gifts, decoration, baking etc welcome.

3 comments:

Sandy Ang said...

I'm sure they'll love them !

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

I love them. They look amazing. I love your blog. I'm your newest follower.
Would love to see you DIY Home Sweet home.
Jamie
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

P.S. I have another giveaway going on right now. Would love you to stop by and check it out.
P.P.S. I have a linky every Monday. Would love for you to stop by and link up.

Rosie said...

Thank you Sandy, Jamie and Sue. I sadly missed out on your link up this week Jamie, but will definitely link up next week, providing I have made something.

The pressures of teaching full time are making productivity a little 'challenging'.

R xxx