November 2, 2011

Project Christmas Mum

So....this week (or what is left of it) is all about sorting out my mum's Christmas present, and shopping for fabric (something I haven't done without my mum's help ever).

I will be with some luck:
 - designing and making 2 sets of napkin rings (felt)
 - starting to embroider a table runner (I found an amazing kit in Germany. As I am learning all of the stiches from scratch, I decided I could be allowed a template) (Well I've started! It's going to take Ages)
 - buying fabric, ribbon, zips etc for customised cushion covers
 - making a Christmas stocking pattern, or finding one
 - Investigating dried lavender

I don't own a sewing machine yet...I should be borrowing one until I can decide whether or not machine sewing is my thing. Therefore, each project might be quite slow moving. I will keep the site updated with progress though.

It's been really nice to see people visiting from all over the world. I would love to hear your comments on the few little bits I have done.  Or advice on my weekly projects.

Well, off to work now.

R xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, just wanted to say I love this little blog and the idea behind it! I am a handmade Christmas kinda girl all the way; gifts, wrapping paper, cards, decorations. I have literally been waiting for November to come so I can start crafting!

Look forward to seeing what else you make for the holidays!

Blue Skies,
Charlotte xo

Rosie said...

Hi Charlotte. Thank you so much for your comments. I think I might have bitten off more than I can chew...I might need to scale back...or craft up until the week before and then shop like a crazy person. Can't wait to check out your blog.

Rosie x